All South Lake students will become intellectual risk takers who persevere within a safe,
yet rigorous learning environment to navigate college and career options with
confidence, skills, and diligence.
All South Lake teachers will foster intellectual risk taking in students, allowing
opportunities for students to persevere within a safe, yet rigorous learning environment
to navigate college and career options with confidence, skills, and diligence.
- If we have students do an average of 30 minutes of homework per subject (averaged over 5 nights a week) and gauge them regularly and adjust accordingly, then we can ensure a safe learning experience with a balance of school, home-life, and extra-curricular activities.
- Homework will not be given on holidays or major vacations, and assessments will be given two days after returning from such breaks.
- Students will be given the same number of days for each day absent to make up homework. Extensive absences will be given more time.
- No more than two summative assessments for different classes within the same time period.
- If we have student’s complete homework with a purpose, that can be completed independently, then we will create a rigorous learning environment.
- If we have students emphasize quality, not quantity regardless of (class or level), then we will foster authentic learning.
If we have student’s complete homework with a purpose, emphasizing quality, then we