Our Tutorial Program is an extension of our Instructional Program. It is designed to
provide students with an academic setting where they can receive additional support in
any of their academic classes. The expectations of Tutorial are:
- Students plan their Tutorial schedule for the week on Monday during Homeroom.
- Use Tutorial time effectively.
- Sign-in each time upon entering class for Tutorial.
- Students may only attend a Tutorial for a class they are enrolled in with their specific teacher.
- Students in the computer labs and library must have their sticker on their planner visible.
- Technology use (phones, computers, tablets, etc.) is for educational purposes only.
- Unless directed by the teacher, this is a quiet academic environment.
- Students may make-up assignments, labs, quizzes, tests, etc. when pre- arranged with teacher.
- Students may work on test corrections if allowed by the teacher.
- Students may work on projects, homework, assignments or simply study.
- Students may read independently when completed with all assignments.
- Tutorial may be used to review for up-coming assessments/assignments.
- Tutorial may be used as a time to conference with students.
- Tutorial may be used to re-teach concepts to small groups or the class as a whole.
What Tutorial Is Not...
- A time to socialize, eat or sleep.
- A time to roam the halls or be out of class.
- A time to play computer gaming, social networking, or checking personal email.